Does this listing belong to your company? Click here to claim this listing.

Odorgonno Secondary School

Accra, Ghana
Visit Website Add Favorites Contact Author
no-image-672

Odorgonno Secondary School was established on the 25th of January 1940 by a hardworking former teacher of Accra High School, the late Mr. Joseph T. Leigh, a Sierra Leonean in close corroboration with another teacher of Accra High School, a Ghanaian called Jerome K. Acquah also of blessed memory.

The school derived it?s name from the Odaw river because it was sited on the crest of the ridge over looking the river, thus, ?ODOR-GONNO? giving the combined name ODORGONNO.

The school has its motto ?NOBIS NITENDUM? meaning ?Our?s is to strive or we must strive (struggle). It was sited behind the Adabraka Police Station. The Government of Ghana acquired a piece of land of about 103.6 acres at Awoshie in 1972

The National Liberation Council in 1974 built a 3-five classroom blocks, science laboratory, and a headmaster?s bungalow.

Presently, the Government of Ghana under the New Patriotic Party (NPP), in 2003/2004 Academic Year chose the school as one of the schools to be upgraded in terms or infrastructure. We have been given sixteen (16) projects which include classroom blocks, administration block, dormitory for students, accommodation for staff, computer laboratory etc, and these have been interlinked with good road network. The school is now expanded in terms of infrastructure.






Web Address Visit Link Here
distance: Unknown
Address Accra, Ghana
Category
Keywords  
No Feedback Received